Not every dog is comfortable being away from their owners for an extended period of time, and many canines suffer from separation anxiety. There are several tips and tricks you can consider when preparing your dog emotionally for overnight stays at our pet boarding facilities:
● Schedule your Meet & Greet Day. By testing out our facilities, you are familiarizing your dog with the new space and making them more comfortable for a longer stay down the road.
● Adjust your dog’s sleeping habits. If your dog is used to sleeping with you or is permitted to roam freely throughout the house, they will undoubtedly be uncomfortable staying in an overnight kennel. Work with them in advance to make them comfortable sleeping alone.
● Bring them in early. Give your dog a chance to familiarize itself with the smells, sounds, and other guests of our facility. This gives them an entire day to adjust and makes them more comfortable at night.
● Keep us informed. If you know your dog suffers from separation anxiety, tell us in advance! We can take special measures to ensure they feel safe and secure in our dog boarding facilities.
● Get in some exercise before you leave. Walking, playing, and any other type of movement can help expend energy and keep your dog calm when it arrives at our facilities.
Dog boarding can be a stressful time for your furry friend; that’s why we want to give you the advice necessary to ensure your pup is well taken care of and feels comfortable in a new environment outside of your home. Give us a call if you have any questions.